Emergency Procedure for Adverse Weather Conditions/Closure in an Emergency
In the event that we experience extreme weather conditions it is important that all parents are aware of our emergency procedures.
If for any reason it should be necessary for us to close the school parents will receive a text message to inform them. We will also leave a message on the school telephone and information on the school website.
In the meantime the following action should be taken by parents:
1. Bring your child to school and do not leave until you have seen and spoken to a member of the teaching staff.
2. If you go to work and normally send your child to school on their own please arrange for your child to come to school with another parent who lives nearby. This way we can be sure that no child is unaccompanied and has to cope with either traffic or other hazards without adult protection.
3. Make sure school has an emergency contact address - where your child can be taken to if we cannot contact you.
4. If in doubt, keep your child at home and phone school (913 2331) or refer to the school website.
5. In the event of very severe conditions notification of school closure will be put out on Radio Nottingham, Capital FM and GEM 106. Do not assume anything by rumour, notification of school closure will either be on the radio, on the school website, or by contacting the school direct.
6. If school is open and the weather remains bad during the day then feel free to come early and collect your children, then we can be sure that they are home and safe in the daylight.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: