Emergency Procedure for Adverse Weather Conditions/Closure in an Emergency
In the event that we experience extreme weather conditions it is important that all parents are aware of our emergency procedures.
If for any reason it should be necessary for us to close the school parents will receive a text message to inform them. We will also leave a message on the school telephone as information on the school website.
In the meantime the following action should be taken by parents:
1. Bring your child to school and do not leave until you have seen and spoken to a member of the teaching staff.
2. If you go to work and normally send your child to school on their own please arrange for your child to come to school with another parent who lives nearby. This way we can be sure that no child is unaccompanied and has to cope with either traffic or other hazards without adult protection.
3. Make sure school has an emergency contact address - where your child can be taken to if we cannot contact you.
4. If in doubt, keep your child at home and phone school (913 2331) or refer to the school website.
5. In the event of very severe conditions notification of school closure will be put out on Radio Nottingham, Capital FM and GEM 106. Do not assume anything by rumour, notification of school closure will either be on the radio, on the school website, or by contacting the school direct.
6. If school is open and the weather remains bad during the day then feel free to come early and collect your children, then we can be sure that they are home and safe in the daylight.
Click here for more information.